Epic Games have finally pushed out their v11.30 update for Fortnite Battle Royale and for the first time since Chapter 2 was launched in October, it has started to snow on the new island.
A large portion of the map is now covered in snow and ice, which has saw the introduction of a fresh location called the Shiver Inn.
The new ice hotel point of interest can be found in the southeast corner of the map, but that’s not the only exciting addition included in this December 12 patch.
In fact, there’s a lot more than anybody could have expected after a slow few weeks for the game’s developers – with issues being addressed by the new update, fresh items being added and even the return of some features that were around last Christmas time.
So, let’s take a look at the full patch notes
Fortnite v11.30 patch notes
- Introducing Split Screen.
- Play Duos and Squads with a friend on the same PlayStation 4 or Xbox One.
- This is an early release of Split Screen; we will continue to improve the feature. Please report bugs via the in-game Feedback tool.
- Preview what’s in the Item Shop using your mobile device.
- With Party Hub, you can now preview what’s new in the Item Shop before loading into the game.
- To do this, open Party Hub, swipe right, and tap “Preview Items.”
- Increased the daily Item Shop gifting limit from 3 to 5.
- Changed Ammo Indicator.
- Now a visual representation of remaining ammo number rather than a solid bar.
- You can now choose when to transition from the “Eliminated By” screen to the end-of-match XP screen.
- To transition to the end-of-match XP screen, press “Continue” on the “Eliminated By” screen.
- Made preparations for the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker live event at Risky Reels on December 14, 2 PM ET.
- Resolved an issue involving the Safe Zone setting on Xbox One returning to 1.00 upon each login.
- Resolved an issue involving some trees and metal fences in Arena not granting the correct material increase.
- The Magma Wrap now appears correctly on the Bandage Bazooka and Pistol.
- Resolved an issue involving the Bandolette Outfit appearing to have two hairstyles merged together.
- Resolved an issue involving some items from the Twin Turntables set appearing grainy and pixelated.
- The Social menu Friends List on mobile devices no longer auto-scrolls to the top when players try to scroll down.
- Resolved an issue involving players’ Quick Bar being inadvertently defaulted off on mobile devices.
There are a few new details that were not revealed in the official patch notes, though, including the return of the Sneaky Snowman item, Hunting Rifle, Presents, and the Tactical Assault Rifle.
A few new things have also popped up on the island, including blocks of coal, a new Snowball launcher, Ice Machines – which hand players free weapons by interacting with them – and, of course, the new point of interest called Shiver Inn.